I . Basics and cosmetic:
1. Age? 139 years old and because she's an elf (Drow) she looks like in early 20'ies.
2. Date of Birth? 1240 DR (Year of the Bright Sun), 9th of Deepwinter. The month she was born is equivalent to real life's January.
3. Hair color? White.
4. Eye color? Dark green. I always wanted a green eyed character (I love green eyes) but I made her eyes green before I found out that red is the most common eye color among the Drow so I had to do some changes to her background story to have a good reason for her eye color. "Just because" or "because I can" are lame excuses in my opinion.
5. Skin color/nationality? Her skin color is middle grey-ish. Like this, okay a bit darker than that. Her skin color was always like this because when I first created her in Neverwinter Nights 2 I picked the darker tones and noticed that with some it was pretty difficult to see her facial features. Her face looked like a black blot so I had to chose a lighter tone so I could freaking see her face.
6. Accent (if any)? I have no clue about accents in Forgotten Realms. Still, I never intended for Nawen to have one.
7. Height? 163cm. The Drow is the smallest of all elven sub-races so it's okay.
8. Weight? 59kg. I never thought about my characters weights, so I had to use BMI counter for it. XD
9. Tattoos? None. I love tattoos but there's no reason for Nawen to have any. She's always hiding under layers of clothing so no one would see it.
10. Piercings? None. I thought about some earrings but it just doesn't suit her. Nawen doesn't care for pretty clothes, makeup and jewelry and again she's hiding under the hood most of the time so there's no point in getting any if only very small number of people could see them.
11. Birthmarks? Again, none.
12. Disfigurements? None at the moment. Who knows what will happen in the future. *shrugs*
13. Scars? She does have scars, yes. From her character sheet: "Two lines, one horizontal, one vertical, carved on her back right below the left shoulder-blade." There's a story behind it and I thought about writing a chapter about it but I thought it might be too cruel. Long story short:
Nawen was in one village, resting in the tavern when a bunch of Drow attacked at night (they were looking for her but she didn't know that), she helped the villagers to fight the Drow but nevertheless a lot of people died and the village was burned to the ground. When the Drow left, Nawen was exhausted, wounded and no longer wearing her cloak (because it caught on fire). The surviving villagers saw her trying to flee unnoticed and assumed that she's one of the attackers. They caught up with her, beat her up and some wanted to carve the word "Filth" on her back as a reminder that she's nothing but a filthy Drow but they were scared off. Her scar looks like an unfinished letter F.
14. Do they have any nicknames? Where did they come from?
15. How do they usually dress? What do they wear to sleep? Do they wear jewelry? She usually wears light leather armors of dark green and brown colors, her being a scout and blending in and all. Now that I think about it, she rarely wears casual clothes. For sleep she wears a linen shirt that reaches her knees. As for jewelry, she wears an enchanted ring and an amulet that was given to her by the avatar of the deity she worships.
16. Is there anything about their appearance they wish they could change? Nawen actually hates being a Drow but there are no permanent solutions for her to change it. When she was little she tried to scratch her skin off with a whetstone after one very unpleasant event, hoping that there's "normal" skin underneath the grey one.
17. How would they look as the opposite sex? Like a Drow male? XD
18. What do they smell like? Why (do they wear the scent or does it occur naturally)? She smells like wilderness. Does that makes sense?
19. Do they have an accurate mental picture of their appearance (how they see themselves versus how the world sees them)? As strange as it might sound she doesn't see herself as the most unattractive person in Faerun. Nawen simply doesn't think about these kind of things. Only one person called her beautiful (if I recall correctly it was Tannin) but even then she cares little about her appearance.
20. Choose a different time period and describe what your character would have been like in that time period. I'm going to chose today's world, hah! If Nawen lived in today's world she'd be a tomboy and a nature, animal rights activist. She'd love to spend time outside, bring injured animals home and stuff like that. Because Nawen is really shy and socially awkward I think Nawen would also be video game, movies, tv series, books, etc. junkie. I don't really see her out partying or being one of the "popular people."
II. Favorites and habits:
1. What are some of your character’s hobbies? What do they do with their time? Nawen's hobbies... she likes to travel. It's a part of her job. She's lucky like that. Her life isn't exactly normal, there's little time for hobbies.
2. Favorite color? It's a tie between silver and green.
3. Political stance? Are they active in politics or do they not care? Nawen couldn't care less about politics.
4. What are some of their pet peeves? People who judge others because of their appearance, when people interrupt her, (she doesn't talk much but when she does for the love of God let her finish!) people who eat with their mouths open, people who think that they are better than everyone else, the list goes on and on.
5. What sort of gifts do they like? She received only two gifts in her life (I'm sorry if I forgot anything from ToF) her sword (it has a great significance to her, or will in the future) and the pommel of Maydiira's blade. She'd appreciate pretty much any kind of gift if the person who gave it to her meant well, though, Nawen is the kind of person that would love practical gifts the most.
6. What is their favorite time of day? Favorite weather? Season? Nawen sees equally well during both day and night (minus the color at night) and she loves all seasons because all of them are beautiful in their own ways to her. As for the weather, Nawen likes sunny days and when it snows but not too much. She also likes the rain but only to watch it. It's not fun to travel when you're soaking wet.
7. Where do they like to spend their time? She's been traveling all of her life and so she's been in so many places but that one place she was always fond of is Icewind Dale. There's just something about snow and aurora borealis.
8. Favorite food? Favorite drink? Hot drinks, soft drinks, or alcohol? Nawen loves strawberries but she also likes roasted meat with potatoes, meat pies and other kind of pies. As for drinks, mead. There's also nothing better than a cup of tea after a long day.
9. Favorite animal? Nawen loves all animals, there's no favorite.
10. Do they have any pets? Do they want any? She sees her "pets" as friends but, yes she has two. A wolf pup named Rhegar (named after my favorite Targaryen, yes, I know that he's already been dead for like fifteen years when the events of ASoIaF started) and a dapple grey mare named Kiira. Her name means gems in elven.
11. What relaxes them? Because of how she was raised and how her guardian taught her to never completely let her guard down, Nawen is almost never relaxed. Sometimes it might seem that she's relaxed but she's always watching and listening.
12. Do they have any bad habits? Does sleeping with a knife under a pillow counts a bad habit? But actually, one habit I see as bad is that Nawen focuses too much on her race and the overall reputation the Drow have on the surface. She always expects the worst to happen when people see her without her cloak, she often hides and by doing so she missed out on a lot of good things.
III. Resources and abilities:
1. Where did they learn their abilities? Her guardian Valendil taught her pretty much everything she knows now about nature and animals. Some things she learned on her own or from other rangers.
2. If they have an income, where does it come from? She earns money by doing some scouting work; she scouted for enemies from Luskan during the Neverwinter war with Luskan as well as the war with the King of Shadows
3. Do they have a job? Do they like it? How do they feel about their co-workers? She's a scout and she loves her job and because Nawen works alone, there are no co-workers to annoy her.
4. Why do they have their resources? How long have they had them, and how have they served the character over time? (Ex. Contacts, money, political power, fame, etc.) Why do people have their resources? I don't know... maybe cause it's USEFUL? But she doesn't have any of those things. No contacts, she doesn't have much money either, absolutely no political power and zero fame.
5. Where does your character live? Why did they choose it, and how did they acquire it? How do they handle intruders (graciously? violently?)? Describe the space. She doesn't have a home, though, Nawen often dreams about someday having a small wooden house with a warm stables for her horse in some tiny village in Icewind Dale. As for describing the space... space is infinite.
6. What are some of your character’s more notable merits and flaws (including physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etc.)? How did they develop? How has this helped or hindered them in the past? Her merits helped her to find some good friends (Tales of Faerun) and her flaws are the reason why she's socially awkward loner.
Merits: kindhearted nature, loyalty and trustworthiness.
Flaws: trust issues, low self-esteem, anxiousness.
7. How are they with technology? Technology? Like gnomes inventions? She has no idea what to do with them.
8. Are they specially qualified in any particular field? Would they be considered at the top of the field? She's a scout and she's good at scouting. Her top field is also... scouting.
9. Have they ever been publicly acknowledged for anything? (Ex. Nobel Prize) Nobel Prize lol. No, nothing like that.
10. Is there anything they’ve deliberately sought to improve at? There are plenty of things she could improve, like her social skills or archery skills but she hadn't sought to improve any of it. Not yet.
11. Do they speak more than one language? Yes. Common and Drow. She'd love to learn elven language and Drow sign language if she'll ever decide to spend some time in the Underdark.
IV. Relationships and history:
1. What is their family history like? How does it affect them? How do they feel about their family? How does their family feel about them? Evil and bloody but thankfully Nawen knows very little about her family history. If she knew she'd feel awful by how much evil her family caused. Like I mentioned she knows very little about her family, she wishes to learn more but at the same time she fears that the truth is nothing like she hopes. Not to mention that her family wants her dead.
2. What were they like as a child? What was their favorite toy? Favorite game? Playmates? What did they want to be when they grew up? She was just as shy as she is now, though, little Nawen was more naive and optimistic. She had no favorite toy, game or a playmate. At best she'd play with her guardian's animal companion, a big brown bear or dream about having normal childhood. She wanted to be a dragon when she grew up. Big and scary dragon.
3. Describe their best and worst memories from childhood. Her best memory is seeing snow for the very first time when she first visited Icewind Dale. Her guardian was visiting an old friend and they stayed at his home for a couple of weeks, so Nawen had plenty of time to play in the snow; build castles and snowmen, make snow angels and eat icicles.
Her worst memory is how children threw rocks at her and insulted her after they found out that she's a Drow. She was four years old at that time and visited a small village with her guardian for their monthly replenishing of supplies. Little Nawen played with other children while her guardian bought supplies. She got in a fight with another child over a wooden toy knight and her cloak fell off. The other children started insulting her and throwing rocks at her while most of the adults simply watched, some meaner adults even cheered. She was saved by her guardian and they've avoided that village until the incident in the question about scars.
4. Where (and when) did they grow up? How did they view it as a child, and did that change as they matured? How do they feel about the place now? She never had a home, even as a child so she grew up, everywhere. At that time she was amazed by how many wonderful things she saw and that hasn't changed a bit.
5. Do they, or have they in the past, had a mentor? What was their relationship with this person, and how has it changed since then? Her druid guardian was her mentor. He was cold and distant but at least there was mutual respect between them. He's dead now.
6. What sort of education have they had? Do they want more? Valendil taught her a lot; like how to read and write, amongst other things. Nawen isn't sure how much of it was because her guardian didn't want her to embarrass him in public. She'd love to learn more spells and some new languages.
7. Who was their idol growing up? Who was the first person they fantasized about? Her great-grandfather told her a lot of stories about a high elf called Sillarielle. She was her idol and Nawen wanted to be just like her, she even asked her great-grandfather to teach her how to be a Bladesinger so she could be more like her idol but sadly she wasn't able to learn how to cast spells.
8. Who is their closest friend, and why? What do they like to do with this person? Her closest friend was a human sorcerer, Illius. He's the first "outsider" who accepted her and liked her for who she was. That's why she liked him. He never judged her and is a good person. They often traveled together and did pretty much everything together.
9. Do they have any rivals? Who and why? No rivals at the moment.
10. Have they ever been betrayed? By who, and how did it affect them? Thankfully no one betrayed her. If someone did she'd be very upset and her trust issues would increase even more.
V. Sex and Romance:
1. What is their sexual orientation? Do they ever question it? She's heterosexual and never questioned her sexual orientation.
2. When did they lose their virginity? Who to? Where? What was it like? Nawen is still a virgin. She'd only have sex with someone whom she had a deep emotional bond with. She hadn't met that kind of person yet.
3. What is their favorite sexual fantasy? She has no experience when it comes to sex. What kind of things could she fantasize about?
4. Do they have any particular fetishes or kinks? Again, she never had sex/made love.
5. What’s the strangest thing they’ve ever done in bed? I don't suppose counting arrows in her quiver counts as strange? XD
6. Is there anything in particular that they won’t do? Have an intercourse with someone she doesn't know very well, and kill or injure her partner afterwards or during an intercourse like some Drow do.
7. What are they attracted to in a partner? Everything. From their personality, intelligence to their eyes, lips and smiles.
8. If applicable: who is their current partner, and what attracted the character to them? How did they meet? How long have they been together? What kind of a relationship is it? Do they have any plans for the future? No current partner.
9. What would be their perfect date? In some remote but beautiful location where no one could disturb them.
10. Describe one of the character’s past relationships and what was significant about it. Nawen's never been in a relationship.
11. Have they ever hurt someone they loved? Yes and she felt horrible about it. It probably hurt her more than it hurt him.
12. Do they fall in love easily? No. She fell in love only once in her life and it ended badly.
1. What are their dreams? What do they want to do someday? She dreams to have a normal and peaceful life someday. No adventures, no saving the world from cults worshiping undead dragons. Just a simple, boring life.
2. Are there places they want to go? Where and why? Nawen would love to visit Evermeet but people of her race are not allowed there.
3. If these don’t apply already: do they want to get married? Have kids? She'd love to get married but not so sure about kids. She knows how hard it is for a Drow on a surface and she'd hate to see her own children go through the same thing she has.
4. Would they ever consider adopting a child? Why or why not? Maybe. If she wanted but couldn't have her own children.
5. Do they have any prominent sensory associations? (Ex. the smell of their mother’s perfume, the sound of ice cracking under their feet as a child, etc.) No, not really.
6. Who do they want to meet? Even if she already have met some, Nawen would like to meet more other good Drow and learn about their lives on the surface and if they at some point lived in the Underdark to learn about what it's like to live down there.
7. What about them is heroic? I'm not sure I understand the question. What about Nawen is heroic? She helps people because she likes to help others, she's selfless and compassionate. Does these counts as signs of heroism?
8. What would the character be like in their old age? It's quite possible that she'll die before growing old. Her lifestyle isn't exactly safe.
9. Describe one (or more) plots you would like to do.
a) I want her to reclaim house Relve'fer and do some serious changes. I want her to at least try and make a difference in the Underdark like free the slaves. I can see Eilistraee's worshipers as her allies.
b) I want Nawen to start doubting whether it's truly worth to be good when no one appreciates things she does, attack her for no reason. Maybe even make her evil for a bit and then seek redemption afterwards.
1. What is one thing in their past they’re ashamed of? One thing they’re proud of? One time she was hired to lead a wizard and his students from the academy to an ancient ruin with some magical stones. The area where the ruin stood was hunting ground of evil werewolves. Nawen knew that even the best rangers avoid the area for some reason. She tried to convince the wizard not to go there but she didn't do it hard enough and everyone except for her died. She's ashamed of herself for not trying hard enough and to this day feels awful about it.
As for being proud of something? She led a group of mercenaries through a mountain pass during a snowstorm and most of them survived. She later found out that those mercenaries were in fact slavers and the covered cages they had with them were with people. She released the slaves near the Luskan border and killed the slavers. She lost the fight once their leader, Aedan Fallenheart showed up and he injured her arm so she could never use two blades in combat or carry a shield but she killed the slavers and freed the slaves.
2. Describe one fight they’ve had in the past (physical or otherwise). Nawen fell in love with Illius but was too insecure to tell him about it. Then they've been apart for several years and during their time apart she built the courage to tell him how she felt. When they finally met Nawen saw that Illius was in a relationship with another woman. She said a lot of hurtful things to him as well as herself.
3. What is one thing they feel strongly about? Always doing the right thing. She'd break the law in a heartbeat if it meant doing something for the greater good. Nawen is the type of person who'd steal food to feed starving children and not regret it afterwards.
4. One trait they admire? Just one? Honesty.
5. What disturbs them? Cruel behavior no matter if it's expressed in words or actions. Both are equally disturbing.
6. Do the ends justify the means in their eyes? Not always but sometimes, yes.
7. Are they a leader or a follower? Why? She can be both but prefers to follow. She has enough of being responsible for other people's well being when scouting she'd hate to deal with it outside her occupation.
8. What do they feel responsible for? (Ex. I owe it to the world to do this.) She feels responsible for her own actions and the lives of people who hire her to lead them safely from one destination to other.
9. Do they believe that a person can redeem themselves from mistakes of the past? Yes. Absolutely.
10. What scares them? From all things she fears, Nawen fears the most is to become useless. She likes to feel needed or that things she does matter to someone and aren't completely pointless.
11. How do they feel about death? Have they been significantly affected by it? She doesn't fear death as much as she fears the afterlife. She chose the deity that Drow don't really worship and she knows that even good dark elves are not permitted to enter Fenmarel Masterine's realm, thus Nawen is uncertain about her fate after death and this uncertainty terrifies her.
12. Do they value faith over reason or vice versa? She values reason over faith, though, in the Realms there are so little things that can be explained only by faith.
13. Do they believe in an afterlife? Yes, because it's real just like Gods.
14. Do they have any habits that reflect their beliefs? (Ex. regular prayer, vegetarianism, etc.) She prays often but when no one sees her. She finds prayers intimate and prefers to do it with no one else around. Nawen also tries uphold her deity's dogma.
15. Do they respect the beliefs of others? Yes.
16. Would they be more likely to act for the good of one or the good of many? Most of the time, for the good of many but sometimes for the good of one if that one is someone very dear to her.
17. Are they manipulative? No.
18. Choose a holiday and come up with a potential scenario involving your character and that holiday. Hmm... what kind of holidays are there in Forgotten Realms? From all holidays I found Highharvestide sounds like something Nawen could enjoy. I'm afraid Nawen isn't a celebratory kind of person so she'd watch everything from the shadows.
19. Is the character religious? What are their views, and why or why not? She is religious, yes.
20. How would they like to die? In a battle. Fighting for something good.
21. Choose a person, historical or fictional, and write about a meeting between them and your character. Ooh, I know! If she ever met Joffrey Baratheon and/or Ramsay Snow, she'd kick them in their jewels as hard as she could for being enormous sacks of sh*t and tormenting people.